An airport safety barrier is extensively employed at airports and many other settings – construction zones, parking lots, shipping terminals, etc. – as a durable alternative to a concrete barrier. The low profile AR24X96 airport barrier is typically the preferred choice for locations where it’s necessary to keep an eye on the action behind the barricade wall.
Among the main reasons for their popularity lies in the fact that low profile airport barricades are hollow on the inside, thus easy to transport to a planned location where they’re interlocked to establish an exceptionally strong barrier wall. Such water filled jersey barriers are reinforced for stability by filling them with water or sand. The airport plastic jersey barriers can be repositioned easily with a forklift when they are filled with water.
AR24X96 airport safety barrier features high visibility low profile construction
In comparison to our AR10X96 10-inch low-profile barricade, the greater height and increased strength of the AR24x96 airport barrier mean greater versatility for applications requiring more vertical height and structural integrity.
These low-profile airport barricades can be interlocked using integrated interlocking pins, without the need for any additional hardware. Each barricade includes fill holes to mount either the C01 Light or standard warning lights.
The fill holes at the top also provide a means to install a fence on top of the airport safety barrier. Fence posts will pass through the fill hole into the barricade’s pre-formed channel so that the fence posts will stay vertical. Fences of any type can be attached.
FAA compliance across the board
The FAA places a high priority on airport safety, and we are in full compliance with FAA Advisory (FAA AC 150/5370-2F) which assures large and small airport safety.
- Jet blast resistant. The AR24x96 airport barricade is wind-tunnel tested and is highly resistant to movement during gusts up to 70 mph
- FAA requires all barricades to be constructed from UV-resistant materials. The AR24x96 safety barrier is manufactured from tough UV-resistant high-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Interlocking feature without excessive FOD. The AR24x96 barricade’s interlocking feature ensures a FOD free connection system resistant to jet blasts
Features and benefits of the AR24x96 airport safety barrier
- Material: UV Resistant & long-term fade-resistant high-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Height: 24”, Length: 96”, Width: 14”
- Height: 609 mm, Length: 2438 mm, Width: 355 mm
- Wall Thickness: 0.15″ thick high density
- Weight: 35 lbs. empty, 375 lbs. full
- Convenient fill holes to mount barrier lights and airport flags
- The barricade shape has a low height that avoids any potential contact with an aircraft
- Forklift points make it easy to relocate them when filled with water
Choosing the correct airport barrier
An airport safety barrier is a long-term investment, so it is important to choose the right one.
Count on our years of experience in helping you find the right airport barricade. Call us and our U.S. based product experts will guide you to find the right product!