Highway barriers made of High impact, UV-resistant, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) are typically used to keep traffic out of work zones on highway maintenance and repair projects.
When filled with water, a road barricade keeps motorists and workers safe – and when it is time to move them from one project site to another, the empty water filled jersey barriers are easily emptied, stacked, and stored.
Highway barriers are just what America’s highways need
This portable barrier system offers the complete range of functions that concrete barriers can perform. The MB350 highway plastic jersey barriers are NCHRP crash tested and federally accepted at TL3 (suitable for high-speed work zones) by Federal Acceptance Letter B34H.
To meet NCHRP Report 350 TL3 compliance, the minimum Length Of Need (LON) must be 33 interconnected barriers or 198.5 feet. It is essential that each barrier be ballasted with an approximate weight of 1,500 lbs.
With its rapid installation time, the MB350 highway barriers provide a higher level of safety in less time than conventional concrete road barriers. In addition, they are far safer than concrete barricades in the unfortunate event of a crash.
MB350 highway barriers meet lateral deflection specifications for safety
The MB350 highway barrier is the most reliable in the industry with the lowest average lateral deflection.
MB350 Test 3-10 1.1 M
MB350 Test 3-11 3.4 M
Cage kits fit over the MB42x72 JSS LCD.
The MB350 is the only portable plastic barrier available that can be used as both a TL3 barrier with the MB350 kit installed and a TL3 LCD Barrier (Longitudinal Channelizing Device) without the kit.
A good fit across a varied range of settings
The lightweight, rugged portable barrier system is engineered to function flawlessly. Easy to set up and easy to stack, our barriers can be found across many different fields, including:
- Highway maintenance and development
- Various construction sites
- Loading ports and cargo terminals
Features and benefits of highway barricades
- Composition: High impact, UV-resistant, High-Density Polyethylene
- Height: 42”, Length: 72”, Width: 24”
- Height: 1067mm Length: 1829 mm, Width: 610 mm
- Wall Thickness: 0.20” / 5.08 mm
- Empty: 80 lbs./ 40.8 kg
- Full (150 gal): 1305 lbs / 591.9 kg
- With Kit (220 lbs): 1525 lbs / 691.7 kg
- Color: Orange
- NCHRP-350 crash tested and accepted at TL3
- Frozen conditions do not damage barriers. If water freezes, plastic will expand.
- MB350 highway barriers are built to endure winds in excess of 100 mph
- A safer alternative to concrete barriers for motorists and workers alike
- Uniform wall thickness with thicker corners and edges
- Forklift accessible
Investing in Jersey barriers warrants serious consideration
In a changing industry landscape, highway barriers can be used in so many ways that choosing the best one for your project can be challenging.
As an experienced plastic jersey barricade supplier, we can help you find the perfect product. Call us and our U.S. based product specialists will be ready to help you find the right solution!