A temporary barricade is a common method to divert traffic during highway repairs and upkeep projects because of its ability to absorb an impact caused by a crash, minimizing vehicle and passenger damage. This vital characteristic of plastic traffic barricades contributes greatly to a higher level of safety for motorists and pedestrians.
The temporary barricade serves multiple purposes
There is so much more to water filled jersey barriers than making roads safer. A plastic jersey barrier can be seen in a number of places where traffic and workers are constantly on the move and safety is paramount.
Traffic barricades have the advantages of simple assembly, easy handling, durability under harsh conditions, and excellent resistance to surface damages. Some possible uses include:
- Temporary construction zones
- Perimeter protection
- Border patrol checkpoints
- Airport cargo terminals
- Parking lots
- Highway repair zones
Generally, using a temporary barricade is fairly straightforward
Water-filled jersey barriers are portable, can be transported without a filling to a site, and can be interlocked endlessly before being filled with water. As a result, there is no need for an army of installation experts; a small team of 2-3 people is all it takes to build a temporary barricade wall.
Features and benefits of traffic barricades
- Composition: UV-resistant, Fade-resistant Polyethylene
- Height: 42”, Length: 96”, Width: 24”
- Height: 1067mm Length: 2438 mm, Width: 610 mm
- Wall Thickness:
- 150: 0.280” / 7.12mm
- 175: 0.365” / 9.27mm(avg.)
- 200: 0.400” / 10.16mm(avg.)
- 225: 0.440” / 11.18mm(avg.)
- Colors: Orange, Desert Tan, Green, Yellow, White, Blue
- Designed to be filled with water for added weight and stability through the 6” hole at the top
- Water can be drained off the bottom through a 2″ drain hole
- A safer alternative to concrete barriers for motorists and workers alike
- Uniform wall thickness with thicker corners and edges
- Forklift accessible
Jersey barriers require thoughtful evaluation
As the industry landscape evolves, a temporary barricade can be used in so many ways that choosing the best one for your project can be challenging.
We have years of experience helping customers find the perfect plastic safety barrier. Call us and our U.S. based product specialists will be ready to help you find the right solution!