An airport barrier is a lightweight alternative to a concrete barrier, a popular choice at places like airports, highways, construction sites, ports, and cargo depots. Typically, low-profile airport barricades are hollow inside and easy to transport to designated areas before they’re interlocked and made even more stable by ballasting them with water or sand and creating an almost impenetrable barrier wall.
An airport barrier is rugged and reliable
The water-filled plastic jersey airport safety barrier is made from impact-resistant polyethylene that can withstand a low-severity vehicle impact and also deflect the blow of an out-of-control sedan. They are UV and fade resistant and feature convenient mounting points for airport barrier lights and flags.
In addition to their portability, the straightforward installation of airport plastic jersey barriers makes them an excellent choice for securing runways and other public spaces within an airport. Hollow inside, with a web frame for structural support, you can use a small forklift to move and set empty barriers on site. Water or sand is then added to the airport barrier to give it the stability it needs to endure collisions.
The right solution for a broad range of applications
Low profile airport barricades are weather-resistant, portable, stackable, versatile, and affordable. Our jersey plastic barricades are as effective at airports as they are in a parking lot for parking management. The bright colors are easy to notice, making them an excellent choice for these purposes:
- Airport operations
- Construction site monitoring
- Highway repairs and maintenance
- Parking lot management
- Coordinating traffic at Military bases
- Recreational use at events and theme parks
Features and benefits
- Material: UV Resistant & long-term fade-resistant Polyethylene
- Height: 10”, Length: 96”, Width: 10”
- Height: 254 mm Length: 2438 mm, Width: 254 mm
- Colors: Orange, White, Desert Tan, Green, Yellow, Blue
- Pre-molded mounting points for barrier lights and airport flags
- Can accommodate 2 screw-type lights, 2 bolt-on lights, and 2 flags
- Designed to be filled with water for added weight and stability via a 6″ hole on top
- The bottom has a 2” drain hole for draining the water
- Forklift accessible
Picking the right low profile barrier
With so many water-fillable jersey barriers available, it is not always easy to determine which one will work best for you.
Count on our years of experience in helping you find the right airport barrier. Call us and our U.S. based product experts can help you find the right product!
There are no reviews yet.