This LCD Water Filled Barricade is an effective way to provide protection to motorists and pedestrians on highways and city roads. The plastic road barrier works equally well as a crowd control tool at events or public areas.
Just what is an LCD Water Filled Barricade?
Essentially a water-filled plastic jersey barrier, the LCD (Longitudinal Channelizing Barricade) is federally-approved for use on roads and other job sites.
For it to be approved as an LCD for use on a job site, the water-filled jersey barrier must achieve NCHRP-350 crash test certification and be issued a Federal Acceptance Letter (and be available on-site if asked for it).
The MB 42×72 JSS LCD barricade has become increasingly popular because it is a safer alternative to traditional concrete barriers that are likely to cause serious injuries and losses on work sites in the event of a crash. The plastic barricades do more than block vehicles and pedestrians from entering the work zone – they also cause significantly less damage and injuries in an accident.
Longitudinal channelizing barricades also provide more protection than old-fashioned lines of drums that are painfully ill-suited for preventing the entry of pedestrians or vehicles into the work zone.
LCD Water Filled Barricade serves many purposes
The strong build of the MB 42×72 LCD water filled barricade stands out both for its look and its functionality. Easy to install, these LCD jersey barriers can be used in several settings, including:
- Passenger Checkpoints
- Airport perimeter
- Highway repairs and reconstruction
- Perimeter Fencing
- Parking Facilities
Features and benefits of LCD plastic barriers
- Composition: Made in the USA high density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Height: 42”, Length: 72”, Width: 24”
- Height: 1067 mm, Length: 1829 mm, Width: 609 mm
- Wall Thickness: 0.156” / 3.96 mm
- Empty Weight: 80 lbs./ 36.2 kg
- Uniform wall thickness with thicker corners and edges
- Ballast with 10.8 gallons of water when in use on federal highways (178 lbs). For other purposes, fill with as much as 150 gallons of water (1305 lbs)
- Positively delineates work zones at night and in bad weather
- A more effective alternative to concrete barriers and lines of drums
- Forklift accessible
Choosing the proper LCD safety barricade
For barrier protection that is equally at home on highways and other work sites, look no further than the versatile LCD Water-Filled Barricade from Highway Signals.
We will be happy to let our decades of experience guide your selection of the right plastic jersey barriers. Call us and our U.S. based product specialists shall be glad to help you find the right product!