A Water-Filled LCD Barricade is designed to provide visual guidance for motorists and pedestrians on highways, city roads, streets, and basically, at any location where there is a need for visitor channelization as an efficient crowd control measure.
How does it work? What exactly is the Water-Filled LCD Barricade?
A Longitudinal Channelizing Barricade (LCD) is a federally-approved type of plastic jersey barrier. LCDs provide motorists and pedestrians with visual guidance. They do not provide positive protection.
As traffic barricades, an LCD bridges the safety gap between the hazard that concrete barriers possess versus the gaps in lines of traffic drums that do not provide enough security to prevent the flow of vehicles and pedestrians into the work zone.
You can get a safety barricade like the MB 42×45 longitudinal Channelizing Device without spending too much money! The water-filled LCD barricade is light and compact so that a single person is able to set up a road closure, yet designed to hold 110 lbs of water and remain stable in a designated place.
Not just on highways, the LCD plastic jersey barrier is useful all over
The portable and compact design of the water-filled LCD barricade is unmatched in terms of both its look and function. Easily installed by just about anyone, these LCD jersey barriers are an excellent choice for a variety of settings, including:
- Airstrips and airport perimeter
- Highway development and reconstruction
- Perimeter Fencing
- Parking Facilities
- Municipal & Public Utilities
- Security Checkpoints
- Events & Crowd Control
Features and benefits of LCD barriers
- Composition: Made in the USA Recycled Product
- Height: 42”, Length: 45”, Width: 23.5”
- Height: 1067 mm, Length: 1143 mm, Width: 597 mm
- Wall Thickness: 0.156” / 3.96 mm
- Empty Weight: 45 lbs./ 20.4 kg
- Uniform wall thickness with thicker corners and edges
- Ballast with 8 gallons of water when in use on federal highways (110 lbs). For other purposes, fill with as much as 88 gallons of water (760 lbs)
- Clearly delineates work zones at night and in bad weather
- A safer alternative to concrete barriers for workers as well as motorists
- Forklift accessible
Choose the best LCD safety barricade
The next time you want a portable jersey barrier, choose the adaptable water-filled LCD barricade without a second thought.
Count on our decades of experience in finding the right jersey barriers. Call us and our U.S. based product specialists shall be glad to help you find the right product!